Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Wonders of Downtown

This video is  a play off of Luke Fowler's 3 minute wonder videos. In his video, Fowler focuses on each individuals apartment. He does a lot of close ups on articles within these people's apartment. I thought it would be really interesting to do a spin on these videos by not filming an apartment, but down town Reno instead. My video is the exploration of down town. Basically, what I did was went down town and if I found something to be interesting or something that I felt really depicted what Reno was, I filmed it. I wanted to keep the same idea of coming in really close on things that I found. There is no real order within the video, but my idea was to lump together the videos that represented different parts of down town Reno. There are sections of the river, Virginia Street, and even the Pioneer Center. This project was a really great learning experience for me. I had a lot of fun coming with the idea and doing the actually filming. The most frustrating part, as I am sure you all experienced, was doing the actually editing. Rendering was a nightmare and I ended up working on it for 9 and a half hours straight. Overall I am really happy with my video, and this is something that I would definitely love to do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment